- Danish: Det Europæiske Kemikalieagentur
- Dutch: Europees Agentschap voor chemische stoffen
- English: European Chemicals Agency
- French: Agence européenne des produits chimiques
- German: Europäische Chemikalienagentur
- Italian: Agenzia europea per le sostanze chimiche
- Polish: Europejska Agencja Chemikaliów
- Portuguese: Agência Europeia dos Produtos Químicos
- Spanish: Agencia Europea de Sustancias y Preparados Químicos
A complete, language-dispatching list of ECHA-links is available at http://echa.europea.eu.
In German, REACH is typically stated as Registrierung, Bewertung, Zulassung und Beschränkung chemischer Stoffe. With this translation, the regulation activity of authorisation (authorization) splits into acceptance (Zulassung) and limitation or restriction (Beschränkung) of chemical substances. In fact, in some other language versions the acceptance/restriction breakdown is made as well. The restriction aspect did not make it into the acronym. This certainly is the least favored regulation outcome on the part of manufacturers and, further, its inclusion into the acronym would have made it unpronounceable; so it was just left out to reach REACH.